To answer my intriguing excerpt of this blog, no Jabrill Peppers doesn’t go in the first round. I think he is a good football player but his lack of position kind of hurts him in my opinion. He isn’t a linebacker, he isn’t a safety, he isn’t a corner. He has the speed and playmaking ability to make it in the NFL and I kind of view him as a Tyrann Mathieu type who will end up playing at safety or slot corner. He isn’t strong enough to play linebacker in the NFL. Peppers may go in the first round because as I said at the beginning of this mock, the NFL Draft is such a mess that no one can predict. Anyways, there are some big names that I think are going during the picks 25-32 like…
25. Houston Texans: Deshaun Watson QB, Clemson- Brock Osweiler is gone. Tom Savage is backup quality. There is no one quarterbacking the Texans right now and Watson, a proven winner, will be the best thing coach Bill O’Brien has had at the position since he got the job.
26. Seattle Seahawks: Kevin King CB, Washington- The Seahawks still have a potent secondary but they do need help opposite Richard Sherman. The “Legion of Boom” could use a guy like Kevin King who fits their scheme. A big 6’3″ corner with length who can cover in man is a perfect guy to have for the Seattle.
27. Kansas City Chiefs: Jarrad Davis LB, Florida- Derrick Johnson is getting older and continues to get hurt. Getting younger on defense is key for the Chiefs and bringing in Davis to possibly anchor the defense for the future would be great. They may also go after Davis’s teammate Caleb Brantley to try and replace Dontari Poe’s departure.
28. Dallas Cowboys: Ryan Ramczyk OT, Wisconsin- The Cowboys have one of the best offensive lines in the league but with Ronald Leary leaving and Doug Free retiring, they could use some reinforcements.
29. Green Bay Packers: Christian McCaffery RB, Stanford- Ty Montgomery did a great job as a running back last year and adding McCaffrey could make the backfield even more dynamic. Losing Lacy opens up a spot in the backfield and McCaffrey would be a great fit. The cheeseheads could split both running backs (Montgomery and McCaffery) out to catch passes and scare defenses across the league.
30. Pittsburgh Steelers: Takkarist McKinnley DE/LB, UCLA- James Harrison isn’t going to last forever and even though Jarvis Jones didn’t do much in his Steeler career, losing him still creates a depth issue that McKinnley could fix.
31. Atlanta Falcons: Cam Robinson OL, Alabama- The Falcons ended last season in pretty disappointing fashion. The defense is young and ready to play, offense is dynamic, but the offensive line became the downfall during that collapse in Super Bowl 51. Robinson could add some stability to the interior of that line sliding over to guard from left tackle where he played at Bama.
32. New Orleans Saints: Tre’Davious White CB, LSU- Saints defense is putrid and adding a corner along with Foster (who I predict they get at number 11) is a good start to fixing their never ending woes.
Possible players that could get picked in round 1: Zach Cunningham LB, Vanderbilt / Jabrill Peppers S/LB, Michigan / Caleb Brantley DT, Florida / Tim Williams LB, Alabama / Charles Harris DE, Missouri / Quincy Wilson CB, Florida / Teez Tabor CB, Florida / T.J. Watt LB, Wisconsin / Patrick Mahomes QB, Texas Tech / Davis Webb QB, California / Adoree’ Jackson CB, USC / Fabian Moreau CB, UCLA / Jordan Willis DE, Kansas St / Evan Engram TE, Ole Miss / Sidney Jones CB, Washington / Budda Baker S, Washington / Rasul Douglas CB, West Virginia / Chidobe Awuzie CB, Colorado / Obi Melifonwu S, UConn