Yes I said I was going to make one NFL mock draft but so much has happened that if you look at my first one I would look like an idiot. I am not going to go as in depth as I did in my first one but I will comment on some players.
1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garret DE, Texas A&M
2. San Fransisco 49ers: Solomon Thomas DE, Stanford- Some discussion about taking a QB here but I think Thomas is too good to pass up.
3. Chicago Bears: Marshon Lattimore CB, Ohio State
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Leonard Fournette RB, LSU
5. Cleveland Browns (Trade with Titans) Mitchell Tribusiky QB, North Carolina- Quarterbacks ALWAYS come off the board earlier than they should and the Browns want one. They’ve talked to teams about moving up and the Titans have talked about moving back.
6. New York Jets: O.J. Howard TE, Alabama
7. Los Angeles Chargers: Jamal Adams S, LSU- Maybe the best player in the draft other than Garrett. I don’t think he will slip this far (which he shouldn’t) but Chargers need a safety.
8. Carolina Panthers: Christian McCaffery RB, Stanford- Yup. My last mock had him going to the Packers but his stock has risen so much there is no way he gets past the top 15
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Jonathan Allen DL, Alabama
10. Buffalo Bills: Rueben Foster LB, Alabama- Bills need an MLB and Foster fits the bill as a sideline to sideline player. New coach Sean McDermott is used to Kuechly manning the middle and Foster would be a good replacement.
11. New Orleans Saints: Haason Reddick LB, Temple- Could help the Saints in the middle and/or on the pass rush.
12. Tennessee Titans (Trade with Browns): Mike Williams WR, Clemson- Titans need a playmaker and he will still be around by number 12.
13. Arizona Cardinals: Corey Davis WR, Western Michigan- Larry Fitzgerald may retire soon and Michael Floyd was cut last year. Would be a good add.
14. Philadelphia Eagles: Marlon Humphrey CB, Alabama- Grabbed Torrey Smith and Alshon Jeffery so not sure they go wide out. Corner is a big need
15. Indianapolis Colts: Malik Hooker S, Ohio State- It seems like the Colts have needed help forever. Need a new Bob Sanders type presence in the middle of the field.
16. Baltimore Ravens: John Ross WR, Washington
17. Washington Redskins: Takkarist McKinnley DE / LB, UCLA- Chris Baker has left and Trent Murphy is being suspended for the first four games. McKinnley can bring some pressure up the middle or on the outside.
18. Tennessee Titans: Tre’Davious White CB, LSU- A safe prospect that could help line up on the other side of Logan Ryan after the departure of Jason McCourty.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Forrest Lamp G, Western Kentucky- Could help in the run game and would give Tampa a young line to build around.
20. Denver Broncos: Garrett Boles OT, Utah
21. Detroit Lions: Jabrill Peppers S, Michigan- Glover Quinn and Tavon Wilson both have expiring contracts and Peppers could be a Swiss army knife on their defense.
22. Miami Dolphins: Derek Barnett DE, Tennessee- The heir apparent to Cam Wake who helps fill Mario Williams role from last year.
23. New York Giants: David Njoku TE, Miami (FL)
24. Oakland Raiders: Jarrad Davis LB, Florida- Malcolm Smith is gone and they just got Marshawn Lynch. Need to help the defense.
25. Houston Texans: Deshaun Watson QB, Clemson
26. Seattle Seahawks: Kevin King CB, Washington
27. Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes QB, Texas Tech- Alex Smith’s contract is almost up and he is aging. Chiefs could grab Mahomes and have him sit for a year or two.
28. Dallas Cowboys: Ryan Ramczyk OT, Wisconsin
29. Green Bay Packers: Dalvin Cook RB, Florida State- Green Bay adds more weapons to its team. Ty Montgomery can’t do it alone.
30. Pittsburgh Steelers: T.J. Watt LB, Wisconsin- Speed off the edge and has some good blood lines. James Harrison can’t play forever.
31. Atlanta Falcons: Cam Robinson OL, Alabama
32. New Orleans Saints: Adoree’ Jackson CB, USC- Saints need defense and Jackson is a flexible player that can move around. Also has return abilities.